- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, with 1 to 2 tablespoons fronds reserved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup small olives, such as Nicoise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Red-pepper flakes
Halve, core, and thinly slice fennel bulb (preferably on a mandoline). In a bowl, toss fennel with lemon juice.
Slice away peel and pith of oranges and cut flesh into segments. Add to bowl with fennel and stir in olives, reserved fennel fronds, and olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and red-pepper flakes.
Serve with crusty bread and a protein for a light supper!