Serves: 4-6 | prep Time 15 minutes | Cook time 30 Minutes
- 2 1/2 LBs of winter squash (carnival, delicata, acorn, butternut)
- 2 tbsp plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tsp unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cooked wheat berries, drained, cooled 2 oz small mustard leaves (about 4 cups, loosely packed)
- 2 oz arugula leaves (about 4 cups, loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red pearl onions or shallots
- 4 oz aged goat cheese, rind removed, shaved
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Half, deseed and slice squash into 1/3 inch slices. Toss each with 1 Tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper. Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes; flip squash, rotate the trays, and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Whisk vinegar, 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl; stir in wheat berries.
Spread half of greens over a serving platter or bottom of a wide bowl, then add half of squash, pearl onions, goat cheese, and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with half of dressing; repeat with remaining ingredients and dressing. Toss lightly; serve immediately.