Serves: 2 | prep Time 15 minutes | Cook time 1 Minute
- 12 oz tatsoi or mizuna
- 1 TBsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 T soy sauce (see notes)
- 1 T rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tsp. grated ginger root
- 1 tsp. honey or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha Sauce (see notes)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and fill another bowl with cold water and a handful of ice cubes. Wash Tatsoi leaves and cut into thick strips.
Dump Tatsoi into boiling water, time for exactly one minutes, then drain immediately into colander and dump into bowl with ice water.
While Tatsoi is cooling in ice water, get a plastic bowl with a tight fitting lid that’s large enough to hold all the Tatsoi.
Mix dressing ingredients in this bowl, then drain Tatsoi well and add to dressing. Chill in the refrigerator an hour or more, turning bowl over a few times so Tatsoi remains coated with the dressing.
To serve, use tongs or a slotted spoon to remove Tatsoi from bowl and arrange on serving plates.