4 Servings | Prep time 10 minutes | Cook time 5 mins
- 2 Pears cored and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, peeled, sliced into half-moons
- 4 to 5 oz baby arugula
- 1/2 cup of sliced nut of choice
- 1 Watermelon radish, thinly sliced
for the dressing:
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, divided
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Scant pinch of salt, to taste
In a small bowl, briskly whisk 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice, champagne vinegar and honey, until honey is completely incorporated. Whisk in olive oil until incorporated and season with salt. Set aside. Prep pears and place them in a bowl with remaining orange juice.
Place nut of choice in a skillet over medium high heat to toast for about 30 to 45 seconds (watching them closely so as not to burn them). Remove from heat and set aside.
Prep persimmons and watermelon radish then set aside. Place arugula in a large bowl and lightly dress with vinaigrette, to taste. Portion greens out onto plates. Arrange 4 to 6 slices of pear atop each plate of greens. Nestle 2 to 3 slices of persimmon on each plate, then sprinkle with a tablespoon or two of fresh pomegranate seeds and 1/4 cup of slides nuts of choice.