For the crust and topping
* 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
* 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Divided
* 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese
For the filling
* 2 Pounds Greens (Any Combination of Swiss Chard, Chicory, Spinach, or Broccoli Rabe) 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
* 1 Medium Sweet Onion, Peeled, and Diced
* 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Pancetta or Bacon
* 3 Cloves Garlic, Peeled, and Minced
* Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
* Pinch of Nutmeg
* 1/2 to 1 Teaspoons Red Hot Pepper Flakes
* 3 Large Eggs
* 1/2 Cup Grated Pecorino or Parmesan Cheese
* Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
* Choose a deep 9 or 10-inch tart pan or casserole and spread two tablespoons of oil over the both and sides.
* Sprinkle half a cup of your breadcrumbs over the oil covering the bottom and sides of your dish. * Wash greens, removing ends and retaining only tender stems.
* Coarsely chop the leaves and chop the stems into pieces one inch or smaller. * Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and once boiling, drop the greens into the water and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, depending on the type of greens you use. (Spinach will cook much quicker.)
* Drain very well, squeezing out as much moisture as possible.
* In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and add the onion and pancetta, and cook over medium heat until tender and beginning to brown, about five minutes.
* Add the garlic, chili flakes, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, mix well and cook another minute or two. * Add the greens and toss to coat well with the seasoned onion mixture, then remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
* In a small bowl use a fork to mix together the eggs and the half cup of grated cheese. * Add the egg mixture into the cooked greens and stir to mix well.
* Pour the greens into your prepared dish and use the back of a spoon to spread evenly. * Mix together the remaining half cup of breadcrumbs, half cup of grated cheese and tablespoon of olive oil.
* Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
* Sprinkle this crumb mixture evenly over the top of the torta.
* Bake until set and lightly browned, about 45 minutes. (If the top begins to get too brown simply cover with aluminum foil.)
* Cool to room temperature before slicing